Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

3 on Thursday

I hope everyone is still stuffed from Thanksgiving.  Spending the long weekend in Savannah with my family reminded me just how much I have to be Thankful for.


  1. I recently had the opportunity to tour the Good Housekeeping Research Institute.  I may not work anywhere near the science field but it was cool to see how they test every product that goes into the magazine like vacuum cleaners, shown here.
  2. By now I'm sure you've heard that the first day of Chanukah and Thanksgiving fell on the same day this year.  It is an impossibly rare occurrence that my Mom honored by making latkes, a traditional Chanukah treat, out of sweet potatoes, a Thanksgiving flavor.  It's great when two worlds combine.  We lit the candles on these menorahs my brother and I made as children.  I think they're way cooler than "real" menorahs.
  3. Matt and Karina threw a holiday party and Yankee swap this year with a gorgeous spread.  Having the menu on a butcher paper table cloth and using greenery instead of flowers gave a distinctly Fall vibe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails